Monday, January 12, 2009

Starting over again

So I have decided to start over on my blog. Not in a literal sense. I am going to start posting again and recording the journey of what I think will be my last pregnancy.

We found out at the beginning of December that I am pregnant with our 4th baby. It was planned and we are so happy that a new little one will be joining us this summer. I am secretly hoping for a little girl. But I will be happy with whatever God chooses to bless me with. We will also be having our first homebirth. This is what I am most excited about. I have wanted a homebirth since I was pregnant with Josiah. In fact if it hadn't been for the scare we had with Trisomy 18 and Down's, he would have been a homebirth. Then with Abby we were all set to have a homebirth but then found out our homebirth midwives would be out of town around the due date.

This go around I have found another homebirth midwife and will be having my first appointment with her next week. I can't wait! I am so excited to be able to form a relationship with the woman who will be attending my birth. Excited because I won't have to worry about which midwife will be on call for my birth because she is the one! I will have appointments with her monthly till 32 weeks then biweekly till 36 weeks then weekly. But these appointments will be an hour long as opposed to the short 15 min ones I have at the office I was currently going to.

I already met the apprentice midwife that works with the one I will be seeing. She is awesome and such a nice lady. She will be coming with me to my appointment. Now if I can just find babysitters for all these appointments I will be all set!!

My morning sickness is starting to dissipate I think. I am back to the point where I can eat without gagging but I still can't over do it. I have been craving a lot of fruits with this pregnancy. My favorite right now is grapefruit. If I could I would eat 3-4 a day! But since they aren't exactly cheap I try to limit it to 1-2 a day. Pete will be glad when I am able to cook for the family again and get the house back into order.

This week I will be having an ultrasound to check for a heartbeat for my own peace of mind. Because I have had a miscarriage in the past I tend to freak out until I see the baby and know that it is okay. I was going to try and go the pregnancy with only the 20 week ultrasound but I was having some anxiety over some cramping I was having. It will be nice to see the baby moving on the screen and see the little heart beating. It would also be nice to verify that there is only one little baby in there!

Well I think that does it for a little update. I will post about the ultrasound on Wednesday!

No comments: