Monday, April 10, 2006

Ewwww.... Grooosss....

Emma's new favorite words... soon to be mine as well.

If you have issues reading about bodily fluids I suggest you move along quickly before you feel the need to vomit!

I love doing cloth diapers... Josiah never gets rashes... unless of course I put a disposable on him in a pinch. He doesn't have that nasty disposable diaper plus pee and poo smell... chemicals... nasty... I LOVE folding clean diapers warm and cuddly straight out of the dryer... And I have such a sense of accomplishment when I finish another one to stick on the pile.

But let me tell you something... constant diarrhea 3-4 times a day that DOES NOT wash off is starting to wear on me. I am always changing a poopy diaper... nothing I do gets the poo off... so I just end up throwing them in the washer on a soak cycle... (Pete hates that!) And sometimes I actually envy those who use those nasty paper diapers and are able to throw the offending mess in the trash never to be dealt with again!! Sometimes I wonder what the hey possessed me to do cloth!!

And of course as I sit here, having just changed a poopy diaper and rolled it up to deal with later, the baby has once again filled the nice, new, clean and soft, flannel diaper with the most offensive smelling mess you could ever imagine!
Who would think such nastiness could come from such a cute face!!!


2 comments:

Caren said...

Awwww....poor Josiah. There's been all sorts of nasty bugs going around with the kids, hasnt there? Maire had it last month. I was changing all sorts of diapers then. But I'm one of the lucky ones...I use disposable diapers and am able to throw the stinkys away :) Hope he feels better soon!

Bekah said...

Actually he has diarrhea all the time because he is on Nutramigen Formula and because it is so broken down already there isn't much waste from it... therefore... diarrhea... ALL THE TIME! Really hoping the cereal will firm it up a bit.

Jamie...I was just thinking about how I don't post enough Emma pics! I will do that as soon as I get done with the Boston post.