Friday, May 05, 2006

Aiming for success

By posting this today I will have come in just under the wire for my goal of posting 2-3 times a week. This is number two.

_____

Pete is doing okay but if he doesn't take his medicine his heart acts up. So he has a followup with our general practitioner on Monday and one with the cardiologist on Tuesday.

Monday they will be discussing the newest symptom... high cholesterol. Has anyone ever heard of an almost 26 year old getting high cholesterol?? And the one on Tuesday I am hoping they will be doing a repeat echocardiogram on his heart to check the fluid.

_____

Today marks a new day for us. I went through the pantry and threw away every box of "convenience" food we had. And also decided once the red meat in the freezer is gone then we will switch completely over to white meat and fish.

I purchased tons of produce, picked up some whole wheat pasta and flour, and avoided all the sweets that were calling my name. I also picked up some natural peanut butter. I already make all our bread I will just be converting it to wheat.

The last thing I want to do is look into raw sugar and buying grains and beans at the coop. It will be slow and hard going but we are going to start eating healthier. Not just for Pete's health but so I can lose weight and we can teach the kids good eating habits.

So our motto is if it ain't from scratch don't eat it.

_____

Tomorrow is Emma's birthday party. I am making the Elmo cake (the last sweets left in the house but it will be carrot cake) and got an Elmo table cover and party hats.
We bought her a doll and some accessories, a couple books and a puzzle. My mom is getting her a sand box. My grandma got her play food. Not sure what else she will be getting. We did a ridding out this past week of everything she has outgrown and doesn't play with anymore.

Well Reba is coming on and I want to watch... Have a great weekend!

No comments: