Wednesday, May 03, 2006

I gave him up!

It is offical... Josiah is no longer in our room... *sigh*

I am so sad... it is hard to let him go... being that he is my last one (that I know of anyhow!) and so everything with him is different... It was sad... and hard to breakdown the little corner in our room to move him. Probably because it was his little spot that I had nested in and got ready for him when I was still pregnant.

Yesterday my mom and I spent the day going through Emma's room and getting out all the old clothes that don't fit her... rearranging furniture and trying to convince her it would be fun to have 'Si sleeping in her room.

So after all the work and Josiah's crib and dresser were in there my dad came over for dinner... He was in her room and asked her who's bed is this?? She looked at him smiled really big and said " That's Siah's bed!"

Last night I put her down at her regular bedtime: 7:30pm. And then at 11pm I put Josiah down... It was so hard to leave him in that room... all the way down at the other end of the house!!

At 5 this morning Pete tapped me on the shoulder, woke me up and told me that he heard Josiah whimpering in the monitor... By the time I made it down there to check on him he was already in a full blown scream. I grabbed him up and looked over at Emma... she never even stirred! Thank God! That was my biggest fear! Then this morning she got up without even bothering him...

I am so glad that this worked out... And I know it will until he gets to the age where I do that so-called "sleep training" ( Yes we let our babies cry it out... sue me... but it isn't until after a year old) Then we will have to deal with him screaming and when to put Emma to bed.. But there is lots of time before that!

I am still sad about losing my baby though! Pretty soon he is going to be eating cheerios!

Oh and did I mention he said "dada" this morning?? Not sure if it was on purpose... but it was so cute!

No comments: