Friday, May 18, 2007

Hillbilly Shopping

Today I went grocery shopping with a two week menu and a list that had only what I absolutely needed on it... AHHH!

I actually didn't do too bad. I went to our local Aldi's and then to Walmart. Oh if only Walmart were as cheap as Aldi's! I did awesome at Aldi's. I got an overflowing cart for a little under my budget. But then when I went to Walmart to get the few things that were unavailable at Aldi's I blew the rest of my budget and more! It's so frustrating! And I didn't even buy diapers!!!

The menu was taken off of a website I found. www.hillbillyhousewife.com.

It was the menu under the $70 list. I think I did pretty good considering I couldn't find everything at the prices she does! One thing I have completely taken out of our menu is cereal. It is overpriced! And pretty unhealthy! So we will be replacing our breakfast meals with eggs, bacon, toast, oatmeal, pancakes, hot rice and anything else I can think of that doesn't involve sugar coated grains in a cardboard box!

---------

Well if you haven't figured it out yet. My blog is sort of shifting gears a bit. I found it hard to keep up with the blog on any kind of regular basis. But I have been having a bit of a transformation myself. So I thought I would document it.

Organizing and cleaning of the house is coming along. Although it does take some doing since the kids go back behind me and basically mess it all up! Laundry is a never ending task. And I seem to be cooking a lot. Especially since I have started making EVERYTHING we eat from scratch. I don't even buy bread from the store anymore. I am trying to honor Pete and frugally spend the money he works hard to earn. By doing that I am trying to find new and better ways to cook and save money on groceries. I have also started to sew a lot of my own clothes and intend to sew a bunch for the kids as well.

I like my new found enjoyment in homemaking. Taking care of my kids and awesome husband is a much better job than I had originally thought!

1 comment:

Christina said...

Keep up the good work. ; ) I just found your blog and enjoyed reading something written by someone who apparently has some similar ideals as I do--to be a godly wife and mother. While there are difficult times, the rewards are unbeatable!