Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Rising with the chickens

In the last few weeks I have really been studying how I can be a better homemaker. A woman, wife and mother that God wants me to be.

It isn't easy! Especially with little ones. I haven't yet figured out how I am going to be able to get all I want to get done around my home, teach the kiddos and still have time for myself.

One goal I have had and am trying hard to stick to is not to be on the internet so much. When I am on the internet I am actually searching out ways to schedule our family, to clean my home, or just other little tidbits on home keeping and family raising. So in my mind I try to justify it that way! But it still takes up a lot of my time.

I have been trying to work on getting up when Pete gets up and be showered, quiet time done and ready to start my day when Emma wakes at 7am. But it is so hard when I am up late with Abby and I don't get a whole nights sleep! I do admit that on the days I am successful at getting up and ready before 7am I accomplish so much more. I feel so much more productive. The first week I did this I did so well. I got up when Pete got up and showered, dressed and prayed with Pete before he left for work. Then after he left I did my own quiet time and bible study before the kids woke up. That was three weeks ago. Now I am slowly slipping back into bad habits! I don't want to get up! I am so sleepy and I just want to go back to sleep! Last night there were thunderstorms all night that caused me not to sleep very well. So as it stands right now it is almost 9am and I am still in my jammies!

I have to go back to getting up diligently at 5:30 every day because I need to! I often find myself thinking that I shouldn't have to get up that early because I don't have a job to go to. But that isn't true! Raising my kids and caring for my home and family is my job and I shouldn't be late for that any more than I would be late for a job outside of my home.

I am going to start to try and get up again. To fill my mornings with bible reading and prayer. Because when I do this my days go by so much better.

My to do list for today:

-Finish the laundry.
-Finish sewing my skirt.
-Start making lists for packing for our vacation.
-Get dinner started.
-Change our sheets.
-Work on my schedule some more.

Proverbs 31:15 "She riseth also while it is yet night, and giveth meant to her household, and a portion to her maidens."

No comments: