Thursday, September 28, 2006

Slacker McSlacker

Yup. That's my new name. You would think with all that happens in my life every day I would have something to write about on a more regular basis! But due to the fact that sleep is so elusive in our household and the terrible two's have descended upon us full force I tend to forget about the blog.... Oh... and I almost forgot. I am pregnant! Blame it on the preggo brain if you must.

Anyhow. I have been informed by a certain someone who chooses to remain unnamed *cough* Pete *cough*... That I should tell everyone about my birthday. Well a little while after I posted my little 'Ode to Bekah' Pete came home. Now that in itself isn't unusual... Nope... He came home bearing gifts! He had brought me a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting, bought the candles to put on it.... and then bought me flowers. It definitely brightened up my birthday.... Thanks Hun!

Some other things that have been keeping me busy are baby preparations. Mainly in the form of sewing and knitting. I almost have another pair of pants knitted and so far I have five fitteds, 9 AIO's, and 6-8 misc other diapers all sewn. Today I cut out three more! I am slowly but surely making it to my first goal. I would like to have 36 newborn dipes done before the baby makes her appearance... and also 36 smalls. But I am currently running out of girly fabric.

On a happy note. I post over at Diaper Divas often and have made some friends over there. Some wonderful mama who I don't know that well sent me a huge box of fabric last week. I couldn't believe it! She sent me some hemp jersey, knit jersey, various flannels, microfleece and a few cuts of cotton woven.... Holy cow! I thought I died and went to fabric heaven! To share that much fabric with someone would be a sacrafice to me because of the money. But she selflessly gave it to me! I will never be able to thank her enough for that.

Abby is alive and well. She makes sure to let me know that about every 5 seconds! Last night while Pete and I were watching tv I looked at him funny. He asked me what... like every good husband does. I asked him how it is possible that some people can go through an entire pregnancy and not even know they are pregnant! There is no way that I could do that. All of my babies have made it common practice to pummel me from the inside out! There is no mistaken there is another life in there! Ah... well at least I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that she is happy and healthy as long as I can feel her. Oh... and he didn't know the answer!

As it stands today:
24wks 4ds
Have an appt next week
Still have not gained any weight (midwife is unconcerned at this time)
Abby moves non stop all the time!
Mom has become a walking bathroom zombie at night!

1 comment:

Bekah said...

Yup... I have walked into the walls... the doors... you know.. whatever happens to be there to catch my fall when I realize that my pubic bone won't hold my weight upon first getting out of bed...

But. I haven't fell asleep on the toilet... Yet.

Hey Me... sewing diapers are sooo easy!