Friday, June 09, 2006

It's Official!

Since blogger is finally back up I can post about my first OB appointment!!

I went to see my midwife yesterday for my first visit... It's official! I am pregnant and due on January 14, 2007. Just 11 days later than what Josiah's due date was this past January.

I had to do the routine pee in the cup. But beforehand the nurse was standing in the bathroom door looking at my chart... she sighs and says
"Did you just take a test at home and not here??"

"Why yes," I say " Three, in fact. You don't think they could have all been wrong do you?? Or the fact that maybe Aunt Flo hasn't visited in two months means anything important do you??"

No... I didn't really say that... But she really did ask me that... You would think that since this is my 4 pregnancy that I might just happen to know when I am pregnant!

Anyways on to the better stuff. The midwife asked me if I was okay with being pregnant yet. I told her it would take some time but I would get used to it. Then we talked about the dreaded labor and delivery! I am so scared to go through that again. I just don't want this one to get stuck like Josiah did! When I voiced my fear she told me not to worry... I could fit a 12 pound baby through there if the shoulders were narrower than Josiah's.

Uh... I might be crazy... but who wants to put 12 pounds through "there" ??
I certainly don't! So we shall just keep our fingers crossed that the baby will stay small!

On Monday I have an ultrasound to check the dates and see the heartbeat... and hopefully, according to the midwife, I will become a little more attached to the idea if I see the baby... I sure hope so cause I am still reeling at the fact that I am going to have two babies only a year apart.... God help me!

Okay... so as it stands.

8 weeks 4 days (five days today!)
No heartbeat yet because it is still early to hear it through the doppler.
Lost 8 pounds so far (I like the weight loss... but seriously do I need to starve?? I hope I feel better soon!)

Update to follow after the Monday ultrasound

1 comment:

Mrs. Darling said...

Peter wieghed 11 pounds and 4 oz. I had a C-section! He was also 2 feet long! Nope I tried pushing him out and it didnt work. I'd freak if I had a 12 pounder!What in the world was that woman thinking of!