Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Cloth Diapers, Ebay, and Thanksgiving....

I have been cloth diapering Emma for a week now. It is actually going great! We still use disposables at night because lazy me hasn't finished her wool soaker!! We also used disposables on Sunday because the little skirt she wore would have never fit over a cloth diaper. As for tomorrow I am pretty sure I am going to cart all the cloth diapering paraphanelia over to grandma's. We will give it a whirl somewhere besides home.

So Jamie encouraged me to go on eBay the other day to check out cloth diapers and such... Can I just say... FUN!!! I got a really good deal on 4 AIO's (all in one, no diaper cover needed) and a small wool cover with a monkey on the butt for Josiah! The best part about the AIO's is they are supposed to be one size fits all... so they fit birth to potty. If I like them on Emma, then I plan to buy a bunch more and the two kids can share them. They would be VERY convenient for going out, going to church, and for daddy to changer dipes!

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving here in the good ole US... Pete, the baby(for not much longer!) and I will be going to my grandma's for dinner. We are excited about spending time with family. On this past Monday my mom and I spent all day cooking for Thanksgiving. We made an apple pie, pecan pie, cherry pie, and pumpkin pie. Also some homemade french bread and sugar cookies. Then today I stuck some miniature cheesecakes in the oven so that we could have those to snack on as well.

It promises to be a fun day... Grandpa has to work till 3.... bummer! But someone has to run the Y on the holidays too I guess. But he has informed us he plans on being sociable and playing a game this year.... his words! So we are packing a bunch of those into the car as well tomorrow morning.

Speaking of morning... the commute should be right nice due to the fact they are expecting four inches of snow by morning... Lovely!

Hey at least Emma will get to wear her new boots!!

Oh yeah almost forgot.... news on the baby front.... Same old same old... contractions most the night but I was able to get some sleep... I have been feeling some flu like symptoms the past two days.. nausea and diarrhea.... hope it is nothing!

No comments: