Tuesday, November 01, 2005

The Countdown Continues

I am now 31 weeks... Only 62 days to go till D-day.... Went to my midwife appointment yesterday.... Good news... I only gained two pounds in two weeks!!! Whew... Thank goodness!!! The baby was definitely head down! And she estimates him at around 3 pounds or so.... The bad news... I won't be able to see my wonderful midwife in two weeks cause she won't be there! So I have to settle for the other one.... I won't see Michelle again until 35 weeks for the dreaded Group B strep swab.... Then hopefully we will be on the home stretch by then...

Another fun thing happened today.... Our childbirth education lady who is also a doula has agreed to be OUR doula for free.... We are excited. But the condition was that we had to kinda understand that she may not be able to make it because her and her husband's second car is out of commission.... If this turned out to be the case she would "doula us" over the phone...
She has no qualms about it being Christmas time when I am due... And to make everything just perfect she is a born again Christian! So none of that earthy weird stuff....

Oh and I almost forgot....

I am enjoying the nice weather Buuuuttttt.... It woke up all the wasps and hornets around our house... So today when Emma and I were waving bye bye to Nana I got stung on my back by a wasp or hornet... not sure cause I didn't see it..... Man did that HURT!!! Still does in fact! How can something so small and easily crushed create such havoc! I was crying when it happened... mom was looking for a stinger and Emma was crying cause mommy was crying.... Oh welll.... Wasn't as bad as labor though! Which we will be experiencing the joys of again in short time.

No comments: