Wednesday, December 20, 2006

I am still here...

It's been awhile and I am sorry. But I have spent the better part of the last week just feeling sorry for myself. I am tired, cranky, huge, worn out, sick of pregnancy... did I mention cranky???

I made it to 36 weeks on Sunday. Exactly one more week than that crazy midwife said I would make it?? And wouldn't you know I was a bit peeved at the fact?? I mean seriously if someone tells you that there is a chance that you might not have to pregnant much longer wouldn't you be a bit excited about it? I mean, yes, the longer the baby is in the better but... I am really tired of it all! I get so tired out just doing the littlest things. It is so annoying! I tire out and get totally out of breath just showering and getting dressed. Getting the kids ready to go out the door somewhere??? Someone call crane!

At any rate... Yesterday was Josiah's birthday! He is one! Yeah!!! We made it a year with our little boy. And it certainly doesn't feel like a year. I plan on doing an entry with some really cute pics of our boy but I am trying to think of what I want to write!

Everyone wanted me to have the baby yesterday so that they could share a birthday... Thank God that didn't happen! Now everyone is rooting for Christmas day. And that would be fine except that my doula is out of town from this coming Saturday till next Thursday... And since I am paying the lady good money I would kind of like her to be there!

So here is my plan. Keep my legs crossed till next Thursday at which time I will have another appointment with my midwife. Then I will ask her...no... BEG her to strip my membranes (I will be 37w4d(Go ahead flame me I don't care... both of my other kids were born at that time!)). Then I will come home utilize my dear dear hubby... and hopefully by midnight be in labor! At which point my doual will be home and everything will work out because how awesome would it be to have Pete have the weekend (three days I might add!) off when the baby is born... But of course since we all know that is way to convienent I am sure it won't work....

Oh and did I mention that just about everyday I have contractions.... timeable... for hours at a time... that get pretty painful?? Just not fair I tell ya... it's a tease... a tease that makes it even harder than it already is to still be pregnant... Come out already Abby! The outside is better! Really!

No comments: