Sunday, December 31, 2006

A quick update

On this past Thursday I went into labor at about 3 pm. I labored for a few hours before I called the doulas and my mom and the babysitter. By 11pm my contractions were 2-3 minutes apart so we packed up and went to the hospital. I was 6cm so being that this is my third baby they rushed around to get everything ready because they were sure I was going to have the baby very shortly.

Then... things started to slow down. By the early morning my contractions had spaced way out and things started to stop. By breakfast my contractions were nearly non-existant and when the midwife checked me my cervix had closed back up to 2-3 cm.

I was devestated. This is just about my worst fear. That I will go into labor and things will stop and they will send me home (all based of course on the crappy start and stop labors I had with my other two). So they spent the day trying to get my labor going again. First we tried stripping my membranes, enemas and nipple stimulation. They started the contractions back up but not too close. By midmorning the midwife asked me if I wanted to try pitocin. I didn't really want to but chose to go ahead and try that. I had pitocin for 6 hours. Painful, strong contractions and I tried to stay positive. At 5 the midwife checked me... My cervix had done nothing... So we went home. No Abby.

So here I am again... At home with no baby. I am pretty down and just trying to stay positive but it is really hard!

As soon as I have good news I will definitely update everyone!

3 comments:

Caren said...

Oh Bekah,
I'm so sorry. I'm praying for you. I hope this happens soon. Cant wait for the next update!

Bekah said...

Thanks guys.... Had another false alarm Monday night into Tuesday morning....

It's so hard!

Caren said...

Bekah, I hope Abby is hear by now. We're praying for you! Cant wait to hear good news!