Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Why me!!??

Okay an update on what has happened lately...

Josiah steadily got worse during the last week with his feeding problems... The soy worked for a while and then not so much!! He would take the nipple for a few sucks and then spit it out and start to scream, bring his knees up and pass a lot of gas... After I finally got him to take a few ounces he would cry and scream for an hour after... We weren't getting any sleep because this mostly happened in the night!! So finally this past Tuesday we had his one month checkup...

He is now 10lb12oz and 22 inches long... I talked to the doctor about the formula and his problems... He told me that it sounds like Josiah has colic.... (great!) and that he wants us to change his formula... So once again we changed his formula... the problem is that it is the REALLY EXPENSIVE formula... It is literally twice the price... A can of normal formula is $11.99. The same size can of this special formula is $22.99. So we will roughly be paying about $80 a week in formula..

The good news??? We have been using the formula for a little over 24 hours and I saw a big improvement already!! Hopefully, here pretty soon, we will start to get some more sleep... So I guess it is just a trade-off we will have to deal with!

So the why me comes in right about here....

Emma has croup again... Argh!! Poor thing... My only hope is that it doesn't put us in the hospital again like it did in August last year... She sounds bad... but not near as bad as she did the last time... A little while ago I went to put the humidifier in her room and it didn't work... Again I ask... Why me?? So Pete is going to have to go after work and pick one up... I hope she doesn't get too bad before he gets home... Luckily I got her an appointment earlier this evening and was able to get a steroid prescription filled for her so I gave that to her before I put her to bed... I am hoping it wards it off before it even starts!!

No comments: