Thursday, March 02, 2006

Could it have been that easy??


Today we bought Emma her "big girl bed". We decided to go with the Nemo theme due to her current obsession with "fishes". (And it doesn't hurt that the bedding can be recycled for Josiah!). So we put it all together and got the sheets on and she came running in her room screaming, "Bed!! Bed!!! Bed!! Fishes!!"

She climbed on, covered up and grabbed her doll. It was so cute. So since she was already there I told her it was nap time and she got all excited and said okay. She grabbed a few books and went back to her bed. Covered up and I didn't hear from her for two and half hours.

Tonight was much of the same thing. With the exception of one thing. Emma has had the Fisher Price Fishbowl thing on her crib since birth. Tonight was going to be her first night without it. (Aside from the nights she has spent with Nanni) So after I put her to bed and she told me "Bye" she was quiet for a few minutes then started calling for me and calling for her fishes. So I went in and propped it up all weird on the railing against the wall. Happy as a sky lark she rolled over, hugged her dolly, looked at the fish and went to sleep. Never once getting out of the bed.

Could it really have been that easy?? I am almost sure we will have other nights that won't go that well. As I am also sure that where Emma has been so good at giving up things Josiah will be a totally different story!

One thing is for sure. She must have been ready!!

2 comments:

Caren said...

Sounds like Emma was ready for her big girl bed! Katy was like that too. I hope it stays that way! :)

Bekah said...

The bathroom... er... no..

And maybe she'll be in to Barbie by the time Josiah needs it!!

And between you and his Poppy I am sure he will like race cars!

Hey Jamie, I will have to put up pics of her whole room!