Monday, November 20, 2006

I just can't help it

But I am already starting to count down the weeks and days till the arrival of Abby. But instead of counting down to my due date I am counting down to week 37 and day 5. Why you ask? Well that was the day of gestation that Emma made it to before coming into this world. And then my next day to look forward to is 37w6d. This was Josiah's gestational age before making it to our little home.

So I can't help but want to hope against hope that Abby will follow suit with her brother and sister and come early. I am not sure I could make it for a whole 40 weeks. Of course I would if I had too. But I don't want to!

Today I am 32w1d. I had uncomfortable contractions all day yesterday. A few times yesterday they were only 2-3 minutes apart. Then they would go away for a couple hours and come back again. The baby is also to the point where due to her size some of the movements she makes hurts! My belly feels bruised in a lot of places. I don't even like Pete touching my stomach. And I go through the roof when one of the kids pushes on me... It is just so sore!

I am trying to stay busy. But I have no motivation. The more I move the more contractions I have and while they don't always hurt they are VERY annoying. I haven't even starting sewing my size small stash. I still owe people diapers online. Unfortunately some of the diapers are for mom's who have already had their babies! And the ones I do have done are sitting on the counter waiting for the post office. But I just don't have the energy to pack up two kids and go mail them off....

I still have a pair of knit longies that are missing a leg. I started crocheting a soaker but don't feel like working on it. I tried to start knitting some booties yesterday. Who knows if I will finish them. I know I have to at least finish the diapers otherwise we will have a nakey butt in the house! I also am awaiting the pattern I ordered from a coop for the diaper bag I want to make. So I will need to do that as well when I finally get the pattern. But I also have to get fabric for that!

And where am I today? Sitting on the couch with the laptop and listening to Nathan Lane sing a song on Sesame Street. Tell me why Nathan Lane is on Sesame Street?

What do I need to get done today? Um the tons of laundry that has been laying around. Dishes. General cleaning. I have to get the grocery list together for our trip to the store later today. And sometime in the next few hours I probably should try to find my way to the shower. But do I want to do any of this? NOOOOO.

Here's to hoping that I only have 5w and 4 days left. Although when put that way I had better get my butt moving on all these stinking projects!

Need to finish (for the baby):
-Small diapers
-Knit the leg on the longies
-Finish the soaker
-Finish the booties
-Find a home for Abby's clothing
-Sew and then pack the diaper bag (we will be using cloth in the hospital, need to make a plan as to how many to bring and how to transport it.)
-Find a safe place for Abby to sleep when she isn't in our bed.

Need to do for me:
-Sew some mama pads so I don't have to use the "other" kind
-Sew some nursing pads. (someone is sending me 12. So I think maybe 12 more)
-Pack my bag... (do I really need one? I never use the stuff I pack! Maybe a Walmart bag with a pair of pants and shirt in it would be enough...)

Need to finish for Christmas:
-Make fudge
-Make cookies
-Make mini breads
-Find tins to put all baked goods in for gifts
-Wrap the kids presents (although when and where I will do this is a mystery!)
-Figure out what to do for Pete for Christmas

Need to do this week:
-Finish the laundry
-Bake 3 pies
-Make a bread bowl for dipping bread
-Make fudge (still debating that one)
-Find cute outfits for the kids for Thursday
-um.... cute outfit for mom... yeah right.... nothing fits
-Charge up the camera and video camera... this is Si's first Thanksgiving

Misc:
-Sew two "shower" diapers.
-Sew a swap diaper by the 30th
-Sew a diaper that I am giving to a mama who has sent me a ring sling (Um this needs to be done yesterday!)

Oh man.... I think I just depressed myself even more! I am never going to get all this done!!

No comments: