Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Not what I was expecting

I had an appointment today with my midwife. I am currently 33 weeks and 3 days.

Last night I started to have contractions. They were uncomfortable and had been waking me up a few times last night. Then this morning when mom and I were at Walmart I had a couple really strong and painful ones. So when I got in to see her I told her what was going on. She asked me how far apart they were. I told her I wasn't keeping track because I just figured it would all go down the way it did with the first two! And I really don't want to be analyzing every ache and pain between now and delivery.

Anywho... she asked me if she could check me. I got on the table and she did her thing. She looked at me and said "Well you are a fingertip dialated which is no big deal, BUT you are 80% effaced, your cervix is almost completely thinned out."

Grrreeeaaat..... Just what I wanted to hear. So she told me no sex, take it easy, drink tons and keep track of how close they are. On my way out the door she also said and I quote, " I would really like to get at least 2 more weeks out of you."

I feel like if she wasn't that worried about it or concerned that she wouldn't have said that last thing. Oh and she also wants me to come in next week instead of two weeks because she wants to keep an eye on me.

Now I don't know if I am worried about it or not. I don't want to be... but then another part of me thinks I should be worried! At any rate. She doesn't think I will make it too much longer. I guess maybe we will be looking at another Christmas baby this year.... (watch me go two weeks late!). But she can't come on Si's birthday! I want them to have separate b-days!

Don't worry... I will keep everyone posted!

No comments: