Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Little Buddha Baby

That is how Abby was sitting today in my belly. Legs crossed indian style with her butt down and her little head up....

Um... So that sucks! I have been suspecting that she was breech for a little while because of where I have been feeling all the movement. I was a little bit bummed when the midwife told me she was head up. I said so! But the midwife assured me that she will probably turn 100 more times before it really matters. I am kind of skeptical. But I really hope she is right.

I would hate to have a c-section. Especially since I have already had two normal deliveries! Also another thing that scares me is that external version they do where they drug you up and attempt to turn the baby from the outside. I think it is as painful as it sounds!!

Other than that the midwife I saw today was not my regular one as she was on vacation. But this midwife told me that she is very sure this baby will not be as big as Josiah.... THANK GOD! That means she should fly out of there with little effort! That is what I am hoping for. I needed to hear that though because I have been worried about another shoulder dystocia. That scares me more than labor itself!

I think I gained one pound. But the midwife said my weight gain was fine. So I am going to continue not to worry about it.

--------------

So I am done sewing my newborn diapers. I am going to take a pic of all of them laid out so I can see how big my "stash" is. Now I just need to get a bee in my bonnet to start sewing the 36 size smalls I need. (Heave a big sigh) I am just so tired and uncomfortable now. I bet the discomfort is because her hard head is in my ribs!

I am currently working on a knit pair of longies and a crochet pair. I better hurry up and finish those! I was hoping that maybe I could have one of them done so she could wear them home from the hospital. But at the rate I am going I doubt that will happen!

--------------

The contractions started full force! Not near as painful as they were with Josiah at this point. I am just choosing to ignore them this time though. I really don't want to make a million trips to L+D only to be told, for the hundredth time, that this is normal for me and nothing is happening. At least I have one thing going for me... Having gone through all of Josiah's labor and delivery completely drug free I now really and truly know what labor feels like. So I am sure that I won't have a problem recognizing it.

We have two doulas that will be coming with us to the hospital. They will come to my house at first and then leave to go with us when we are ready to go. I am glad though because I am hoping they will encourage me to stay home longer this time rather than rush to the hospital. I am hoping to make it to the hospital and only have a couple hours to be there before she makes her appearance. It seems like the last two times when I went to the hospital as soon as I got there things stall out. So I want to make sure I am far enough along that there ain't no turning back!

--------------

I am so sorry about the lack of posts! I am sure I have lost readers because of it! But I plan on keeping up a bit better in the future!

2 comments:

Caren said...

Yes, yes. I agree with the Smocklady. dont worry about the breech position now. Do the cat exercise....its the one where you get on all fours and arch your back and then let it hang. Do that some. It may relieve the pressure on your back too for a while. We're praying for you Bekah!

Bekah said...

Thanks guys! I plan on asking the midwife if I can deliver vaginally if she is still breech next time. And I don't plan on taking any pain meds. I enjoyed my recovery time a lot better with Josiah after doing it naturally. It also went A LOT faster! So I plan on the same which would help the situation immensly!

I of course will keep everyone updated!