Sunday, December 25, 2005

Merry Christmas everyone!!!

Something I learned this Christmas.... Bright red outfits against a dark background mixed with a flash don't always turn out so good! Mix in a toddler and a not so happy baby... sometimes disaster!

Oh well!! I thought everyone would enjoy a picture of the kids for Christmas anyways...



And this is what poor Josiah got for his first Christmas present... A bath!!

Hope everyone had a great Christmas... and had a wonderful time with family and friends!

*Update on the baby*

I keep forgetting to tell everyone... But Josiah ended up with a broken right clavicle from being stuck in the birth canal... It should heal and be better by his one month checkup... Nothing to worry about really... Although now... he has a lovely rash on his poor little bottom. It has become so red and raw that it is open and oozing... It's all the stinking pooping he does! One before and after every feeding... Poor little guy... We shall call the doc tomorrow for some advice... I have tried everything I know to take care of it and it just isn't working.

5 comments:

Caren said...

Awwww....poor Josiah! My daughter had a bad rash on her bottom last week, and she would scream every time I put desitin on her. So I put vaseline. It protected her from the nasties in her diaper, and she healed in a couple of days. If you havent tried that one, you should :) That, and letting her air dry when I changed her diaper. I know you must be overwhelmed right now. But dont worry, you can do this, and it wont seem like such a big deal to have two kids in a couple months. We're praying for you!

Bekah said...

Hey thanks for the ideas!! Actually I just started vaseline last night and it seems to be doing better since it kept the poop off his bum.. If it doesn't start getting better in another day or two I will call the doctor.

K said...

A little preventative tip or two:
DON'T use commercial wipes for cleaning his bottom, even the unscented will cause skin upset - a good old stack of "for poops only" cloths and warm water will do his skin a great service.
Also, they say now not to use bum creams as a routine. Even it ain't broken don't fix it. But after the fact, if he manages to get a rash, Vaseline is a good barrier method to help treat it.
Check your local health food store for any baby products, salves containging chickweed, comfrey, and plantain and put in a natural base.
This has worked absolute miracles on any skin problems my 3 boys had as babies and beyond - dry skin, exscema, rash, abrasions...
Good luck! And Josiah is beautiful!

Bekah said...

Thanks Krista! I will have to remember that... But ya know... the wipes... they are sooo easy!

Bekah said...

Jamie... I feel so overwhelmed right now I haven't even started cloth diapers yet let alone cloth wipes... in the time Josiah has come home we have probably already done some of his laundry 5-6 times... Man I forgot all the work involved!