Monday, December 05, 2005

The verdict

Well after a bad weekend of contractions and two nights of no sleep I decided to give in and call the midwife. I started contracting Saturday night and by Sunday morning they were ten minutes apart. All day long this went on. Then last night at about 1 am they started to get closer together... until they ended up being 4 minutes apart and very painful... I tried all kinds of positions... Nothing worked... they finally spaced out enough that I ended up with about 3-4 hours of sleep.

So I had to go in to get checked today according to the midwife. When I got there I was in a definite contraction pattern that was noted on my chart... The nurse checked me...

Here is the results...




I am 1 (count it people) 1 cm dilated... disturbing considering the amount of pain I was in... the good news is that I am 50% effaced which means my cervix is halfway thinned out... Good thing considering a week ago I wasn't effaced at all..


So after a bawl fest in which I smeared all my makeup and made myself look like the the swamp thing I bucked up and decided not to concentrate on the one centimeter but on the 50% effacement and the fact that the nurse said I could very well be in pre labor that could take a few days to become active...

So anywho.... everyone root for Wednesday... it is my mom's birthday and she thinks Josiah should share it as well!

Pray for some shut eye for me as well... I could use it.

2 comments:

Caren said...

Awwww, Bekah. I know you must be exhausted and so uncomfortable! I'm praying for you! I hope to see pictures of a new baby very soon. I had a week of stuff like that, so I went and walked at Crossgates Mall. It takes FOREVER to get from one end to the other! And you get exercise! I hope you're sleeping well now!

Bekah said...

Hey guys... I am still here.. Still cooking...

Hopefully it will be soon!